This Special Thing your Organization stands for;
its Uniqueness and Identity.
Corporate DNA is the thread woven throughout all actions and decisions in your organization. It normally remains stable, while the business strategy, systems and processes constantly adapt to an ever changing business environment. It is more than mere words on a piece of paper; it inspires the way individuals in your organization think, behave and act. It determines the motives behind their actions.
We work with our clients to distinctively and explicitly formulate and align the components of their Corporate DNA and put them effectively into practise. Typically, the Corporate DNA consists of six components:
- Vision – where and what the organization wants to be in the future.
- Mission – the organization’s fundamental reason for being. In other words what the organization must do to achieve the vision.
- Value Discipline – the choice of one out of three value disciplines (Operational Excellence, Product Leadership or Customer Intimacy) which the organization aims to be best at – preferably in the world. This choice provides fundamental guidance on what the entire organization must focus on consistently and vigorously, whilst making sure it keeps on delivering the ‘Olympic Minimum’ in the other two disciplines.
- Values – shape the ‘soft’ way to deliver mission and vision, particularly for business leaders. They must be in line with the Value Discipline chosen. Values are the operating philosophies or principles that guide the organization’s internal conduct and its relationship with the outside world.
- Behaviours – are guided by the values and create consistency of leadership and management practices. Behaviours are the basis for what defines organizational culture. What your people, your clients, and all other stakeholders see and experience in their day-to-day interaction is clearly what matters.
- Transformational Leadership – an effective leadership style that helps putting Corporate DNA into practice by
- Inspiring a shared vision
- Enabling others to act
- Challenging the status quo
- Encouraging the heart
- Modelling the way
The Effective High-Performance Organization =
(Corporate DNA + Strategy + Agility) x Risk Management
x People & Culture